Monday, February 05, 2007

Score

the new 1 Hour of Music in 20 Minutes - Score is now up and looking very presentable thanks to the efforts of G and Ferg at Dig, to whom I am ever in sincere thanks.

Caution - I have been reading Georgette Heyer books and my language may be even more flowery than usual :)

This episode of 1in20 is a salute to and a celebration of as much of my favourite indicental film music as I could fit into the programme. As always, I had to cut a few bits out to make it fit, so there is now no Audrey's Dance, from Twin Peaks, no Calexico, no Yo La Tengo...

but the music in this 1in20 includes:

Rolfe Kent's work on Sideways
Jon Brion's music for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Decoder Ring's AFI Award winning soundtrack music for Cate Shortland's Somersault
Not Drowning, Waving's score for the 1991 Jocelyn Moorhouse film Proof
Patrick Doyle's lovely music for Sense & Sensibility
Thomas Newman, ahhh, my beloved Thomas Newman
Mychael Danna's work for The Ice Storm
a Mark Mothersbaugh composition for The Royal Tenenbaums (and while I think of it, my sincere thanks to the man who rang me up when i was on triple r to tell me how to pronounce 'Mothers-bow' - i hope i'm now saying it right!)
Michael Andrews' music for Miranda July's debut Me and You and Everyone we Know
John Williams scores for JAWS and Star Wars

Hope you like it!

yours in music,

~ Hermione

1 Comments:

Blogger Pauls Boutique said...

this is my fave so far..... and the covers is my second love them all but you gotta have faves... looking forward to the ladies 1in20 xp

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home